Sunday, September 14, 2014

Random Mid-month Make-up Haul!

The month of September has been continuously showering me with blessings. From a better overall physical health (the frequent change of weather the past few months has affected my health significantly), to a new job in a multinational company, I feel that the past two weeks of September are already worth celebrating.

One of the conveniences of my new job is that my office is situated close to a cluster of malls, restaurants and other consumer establishments. Hence, shopping for clothes, makeup, and other beauty necessities can be done during my lunch-break and/or even after my shift.

I haven't done a collective make-up haul for quite some time because of previous budget restrictions and because I felt the need to make use of the products I've stocked up from my previous hauls. The products I've bought these past few days are in fact, necessities, because I've changed my hair color and I got an awesome beach-tan, ergo, I needed to play around with new colors to match these changes.

Here's what I got myself recently:




I've always been a "Drugstore Makeup Princess". High-end makeup is crazy expensive here, and there are honestly a million products from the drugstore that are of superior quality. Local brands, such as Nichido and Ever Bilena, also carry a range of pigmented, quality cosmetics that are perfect for cheapskates like yours truly. :)

I decided to spoil myself a little on this haul because I know I needed to invest in some essentials to tame down my super oily skin,

The first thing I got was my MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC40. I used to be a steady NW25 until I decided to go on adventure-mode and gained a constant tan from a couple of beach trips this year. This has been my go-to powder that I wear by itself or on top of my Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation (my holy grail foundation ever since).



I also got a MAC Viva Glam 1 Matte Lipstick because, (1) this is one of (my make-up artist "twin sister") Justine Concepcion's favorite MAC lipsticks; and (2) Jinny, the lady from MAC, has beyond-amazing make-up retail skills. Viva Glam 1 is such an awesome red with warm, brown  undertones.



I finally had the courage to step out of my comfort-zone -- it's about time I try lipstick shades other than red. I got 2 NYX Jumbo Lip Pencils: Irish Coffee, a peachy nude lip crayon, and Chaos, a bright pink with a blue undertone.


Lastly, since I desperately needed an eyebrow product match my brown hair and golden streaks, I got Revlon Brow Fantasy 2-way Brow Pencil and Brow Gel in Dark Blonde. I am more comfortable using pencils to draw my brows, and I usually use a brow mascara to color them in. I found this perfect!


I'll try to swatch them in my next post. For the meantime, please let me know what you think about the products I bought, and if you have product recommendations, as well. :)

2 comments:

Let me know what you think! ❤