Tuesday, September 30, 2014

L'Oreal Xtenso @ Mary Pauline Salon : Getting my color-treated hair rebonded

I have naturally thick and wavy hair. It started becoming frizzy and unmanageable due to my constant outdoor activities  and indifference towards hair care. Hence, when I was in highschool, I was in constant envy of the girls with perfectly straight hair who can beautifully pull-off  sleek ponytails and neat buns.

In 2008 (I was 14 years old, a highschool junior then), my mom decided to have my virgin, untreated hair rebonded. Since a family friend of ours owned a salon, she was confident that my hair would be well-taken care of. I can still vividly remember that it took 8 gruelings hours of straight iron-ing and applying and setting harsh chemicals. Thankfully, my hair came out beautifully --I finally felt like the ugly duckling in me was finally becoming a swan. :)

Since then, I've had my hair rebonded to keep it soft and silky.
"Hair rebonding is a process wherein the natural bonds of the hair are broken down through the use of chemicals and heat, rearranged and bonded once again. The waves and curls are flattened so that the hair looks straight and beautiful. The result of this process promises a silky, shiny and sleek hair."   --http://irinav.hubpages.com/hub/The-Good-and-the-Bad-of-Hair-Rebonding

I have jet black hair and I've gotten permanent color treatments to brown, ash blonde, and even golden blonde. I've had highlights in my hair as well, and I've also experimented with digital perm about 2 years ago. Little did I know that most rebond treatments wouldn't work/isn't recommended for color-treated and severly-damaged hair. :(

Shortly after I turned 18, our family's stylist, Merly (from David's Salon in Sta. Lucia Mall), rebonded my hair using Loreal Xtenso, which, she said, is safe and is suitable for color-treated hair. I've had my hair rebonded a couple of times before that, but I can personally attest up to now that Loreal Xtenso gives the best results. It is one of the pricey-est rebond treatments out there, though.

Lately, I've been feeling the need to have my hair rebonded again as it has been years since I've last gotten it treated. My roots are starting to grow frizzy and wavy (my natural hair), and dents/partitions are already very visible. I also figured the need to establish a "home salon" where I can get all the treatments my hair needs, as our family stylist, Merly, already left the country.

I went to Mary Pauline Salon at its SM Hypermarket Cainta branch. I've  read and heard a ton of good reviews on the salon and the stylists in a lot of their branches. I believe Mary Pauline Salon has already made a name as one of the country's reputable mid-range salons and they have honestly exceeded my expectations. :)

Comfortable and cozy, Mary Pauline Salon has the latest magazines to keep their customers entertained 

I texted their contact numbers the night before, hoping that I could be scheduled the next morning for my Loreal Xtenso rebond treatment. I got a prompt response from Angel, who eventually became my stylist the next day. Since the salon was just a stone's throw away from where I live, I got there pretty early (around 10 in the morning) and was accommodated by Angel immediately. 

My (just-got-out-of-bed) make-up free face in the middle of the treatment

A couple of minutes into the treatment, I've already felt that I finally found my home salon and my personal stylist. Ms. Angel was such as angel! :) She made me feel like she was taking care of my hair well and I was given the best service. There came a time that she was handling four (4) of us (customers) at the same time, but she managed her time well and executed the treatments accurately. She made sure she gave what her customers want.  

Unlike other salons where they make you feel like you have the worst damaged hair in the universe just so they could cross-sell their other treatments, Angel (and Mary Pauline Salon, I guess) gave me a sense of assurance that their products and services can actually salvage the current state of my hair. To top it off, she gave me a complimentary hair treatment (which I have yet to avail on Thursday) so that my hair stays soft and silky. :)

The rebonding process took 6 hours and delivered awesome results.


 (Top) My hair immediately after the treatment. (Bottom) My hair a few minutes after the treatment. How silky! 


BEFORE: My hair a few days before getting rebonded. Damaged and all over the place. :(

I definitely recommend getting your hair treatments from Angel at Mary Pauline Salon (SM Hypermarket Cainta Branch). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! ❤